Samsung SmartThings Hub, 2nd Generation
SmartThings lets you easily control, monitor, and secure your home from anywhere in the world. The heart of your smart home, the Samsung SmartThings Hub will connect all of your different smart locks, lights, outlets, thermostats, and more and let you control them from the free SmartThings app.
Receive notifications about what’s happening in and around your home and use your smartphone to remotely control your home’s security, energy usage, lighting, and more. Since SmartThings is compatible with a wide variety of smart devices from different companies, once you have the SmartThings Hub and the free app for iOS, Android, or Windows, you can add as many additional SmartThings sensors or other popular Z-Wave, ZigBee, or Internet-connected products as you want to enhance your connected home. The Samsung SmartThings Hub works in the US and Canada.
If the Honeywell Programmable Thermostat was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub.
To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
1. Tap the menu
2. Tap the Hub
3. Tap Z-Wave Utilities
4. Tap General Device Exclusion
5. When prompted:
- 1. Press the System button on the left side of the thermostat’s display
- 2. Press and hold the blank center button until the display changes
- 3. The first set of numbers/arrows is the “Function” section – Scroll until you find “RF10”
- 4. The second set of numbers/arrows is the “Setting” section – Select 0
- 5. Press Done in the lower left corner to save and exit After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Honeywell Programmable Thermostat.
Monitor your home from anywhere. Power: In-wall power adapter with about 10 hours of backup power from 4 AA batteries (included)
Communication Protocol: ZigBee, Z-Wave, IP. Range: 50-130 feet
Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F
Control your home from the palm of your hand
Secure your home and protect it from damage and danger
Requires an Internet-connected router with an available Ethernet port
Requires the free SmartThings app for iOS (8.1 or later), Android (4.0 or later), or Windows Phone (8.1 or later)